Friday, December 6, 2013
Kyojin Jean- Best of Kirschtein
Team 12 fightan every day
the hunger games aren’t amazingly unique or flawless or anything but I think katniss as a character is very important and i think the media misunderstands
we aren’t in it for the cute boys. we’re in it for katniss. thousands of young girls were introduced to an introverted, angry girl born into poverty and watched her become the savior of the world and the media doesn’t seem to understand that she, as a character, is important to girls. not who she dates, but her
Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Always post the rules
- Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 7 new ones
- Tag 10 people and link them to the post
- Let them know you‘ve tagged them
tagged by shadesdha ♥
1. thing that you love about yourself ?
2. do you wear watch on your left or right hand ?
i don’t wear watches at all
3. when did the last time that you wanted (wish for) something and it became true ?
today *_* i wished i could have a kirspy kreme donut and my brother had bought some already XD
4. food/drink/snack that you addicted with these days ?
chicken-flavored instant noodles ._.
5. date that you’re looking for (if there’s any) ?
5 April (MEFCC!)
6. how much do you have in your wallet now ? (this q just to make you move :) )
about 650 + some change. i always put just enough before going out so i don’t buy too many things, but add more if i’m planning to get appliances or something that cost more than 500.
7. word that you have been saying a lot ? (if it’s in your native language, write it as it’s)
- do you laugh, chuckle, or giggle?
- if you could go to a different country right now, without packing or booking any flights or hotels, where would you go?
- what is the one food you will absolutely not eat?
- a recent anime or tv show you watched and hated but everybody liked?
- what are you listening to right now?
- what is the name of you computer (on the network) or your windows user on your machine? (default is user, or administrator, did you change it?)
- do you use a foreign language in your daily life? what language is it?
i tag: mscandy,
Abbie Mills / Nicole Beharie Appreciation Week is goin’ on at the moment, and since I adore the hell out of both the character and actress, I did this thing! there’s Abbie of course, along with some other characters Nicole has portrayed in her past work. she’s a flawfree queen tbh.
(can also be bought as a print > ♥)
Sketchs of my new manga main characters ,
hopefully it will be [ON]soon
- lypophrenia: a feeling of sadness seemingly without a cause
- drapetomania: an overwhelming urge to run away
- escapism: a mental desire to retreat from unpleasant realities through fantasy
- wanderlust: a desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence
- dysania: the state of finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning
- sanctuary: a small safe place in a troubling world
- metathesiophobia: fear of change
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
And this is what happens when a masterfully crafted katana collides with a masterfully crafted longsword.
Suck it, katana
And that is what happens when a masterfully crafted scalpel collides with a masterfully crafted guillotine.
Does nobody understand that longswords and katanas are two different kinds of tool?Longswords are essentially sharpened fucksticks designed to destroy the shit out of anything resembling armor that comes their way. They shatter bone, jelly flesh, and essentially fuck people up by sheer inexorable force of being a goddamn sharp steel bar.
Katanas don’t do that.They’re not meant to withstand collision with armor or a brick wall or a charging fully outfitted warhorsebecause the circumstances of its development didn’t call for that. It’s a precision instrument. It’s designed to be lightweight, outmaneuver, and find weak spots, not go barreling into people hack-n-slashing your way to victory. It’s a specialized tool.
In a sense this reflects a core difference between cultures; katanas are a shitton of work and preparation to make the execution as efficient and streamlined as possible, while longswords are more durably and simply made in response to a climate that would require a soldier to be a one-man battering ram in battle.
You slam any blade into any other blade and one of them is at least going to get chipped, because you’re NOT SUPPOSED TO FUCKING DO THAT.
Medieval European / Japanese sword-fighting manuals didn’t have “Now Clang the Swords Together and Totally Ruin Them For No Good Reason Whatsoever” sections. That sword-clanging crap is from movies because you want to show a 2 minute dancey sword-fight and have to do something during that time, because in real sword fights it’s either over in 25 seconds with one guy on the ground, dead, or it goes on for 4 hours as two guys in armor wear themselves out, slamming the broad sides of the sword against the armor.
Swords aren’t lightsabers.
This is like proving a Volkswagen Beetle is a “crap car” by running it into a bridge pylon at 85 mph. It’s a pointless demonstration, because you’re not supposed to do that.
Neither one of these weapons was invented to cut another sword in half, Both were invented to cut a GUY in half. In slightly different ways, but still.
to the anon who asked me to remove that post, i respect your wishes and taken it down.
[GET TIRED OF BAD FIC (fanfic flamingo) GO READ YOUR OWN WORK]
i think writers underestimate the importance of their own fics. it could apply to novels too but most of the time we waste time writing what we ‘assume’ is right instead of what we want to happen. so fanfics are often dearer to us than our original fiction (or mine, at least..)
i mean here you have a story custom-tailored to your every need using your favorite characters. perfect couple dynamic, exactly the right amount of humor not a joke less not a pun more, they go through the plot at exactly your favorite pace, and it ends in a way that makes sense.
there’s nothing wrong with loving your own writing, it’s of and for you first and foremost, you were simply generous enough to share it with the rest of the world.